THE BEST TREATMENTS FOR KIDNEY & ADRENAL MASSES
FIGHT CANCER WITH THE BEST TEAM, AMAZING TECHNOLOGY, AND GREAT OUTCOMES. Our treatments have incredible precision and pinpoint accuracy that results in minimal side effects and most importantly, the highest cancer free rates. Most treatments are done as an outpatient in our state of the art surgery centers with the best outcomes.
DON’T STRUGGLE WITH TRADITIONAL UROLOGISTS
Kidney cancer is best treated with surgery in the majority of cases. The most important factor in the outcome is your surgeon. Come to the best robotic and open surgeons in the Southeast. We have the most targeted, precise, and proven methods to remove cancer, preserve normal kidney tissue, and ensure long term success. Advanced surgeons have great results with minimal risk of urinary dysfunction. Our Advanced techniques are tried, true, and proven.
GOALS OF KIDNEY CANCER TREATMENT
CANCER FREE SURVIVAL
The most important goal of kidney cancer treatment is living a great life, cancer free.
PRESERVE KIDNEY FUNCTION
The second goal of treatment is to preserve kidney function to maximize survival and minimal normal kidney loss.
PROTECT BLADDER FUNCTION
The third goal is to maximize your bladder function to ensure your kidney(s) stay healthy – for example, a backup of urine in the bladder can damage the kidney.
Overall, we want you to have the best possible outcome with the least side effects.
ADVANCED TREATMENT OPTIONS
1. Active Surveillance – Close monitoring of a slow growing kidney mass. Surveillance is performed with scheduled imaging.
2. Focal Ablation – Precisely kill kidney cancer. Instead of treating the entire kidney, focal ablation targets the cancerous lesion only – with minimal damage to surrounding tissues.
3. Advanced Robotic Partial Nephrectomy – This is most often the best option to remove the cancer and preserve kidney function. Normal tissue is spared and the cancer is precisely removed.
4. Advanced Robotic Radical Nephrectomy – Advanced surgery provides the optimal solution for large cancer and lymph node removal. We have the best robotic and open surgeons in the Southeast.
5. Advanced Kidney Cancer Medicines – We have the latest medicines for kidney cancer. Our world class urological oncologists lead our Advanced Kidney Cancer Clinic. Medicines are conveniently dispensed from our pharmacy.
The adrenal glands are a pair of organs that sit above the kidney and work to provide important hormones for the body – sex hormones, stress hormones, and others.
In some patients, the adrenal gland can contain lesions or adenomas that can produce these hormones in excess. This leads to many changes in the body or function – increased weight, uncontrolled blood pressure, diabetes, and weakness/fatigue, among other things.
Specialized imaging, blood work or other testing may be required to determine these lesions are causing hormonal imbalances. Sometimes, cancers can also form in these glands.
It is important that if an adrenal lesion is detected, you see your doctor to test the functionality of it and figure out a treatment plan for it. The treatments may consist of observation, medications, or even surgery. We can surgically treat, if necessary, your adrenal lesion using laparoscopy or robotics to help keep your recovery time to a minimum and allow you to return to your life sooner.
WHAT ADVANCED OFFERS TO YOU
1. Active Surveillance – Close surveillance of a slow growing kidney cancer. The risk of metastasis during active surveillance is about 2%.
2. Focal Ablation – Precisely kill kidney cancer. Instead of treating the entire kidney, focal ablation targets the cancerous lesion only with minimal damage to surrounding tissues.
3. Advanced Robotic Partial Nephrectomy – This is most often the best option to remove the cancer and preserve kidney function. Normal tissue is spared and the cancer is precisely removed. Surgery is typically done through 6 small holes in about two to three hours. Most patients are sent home the next day after surgery. Surgery has the highest cure rates and the most important factor is your surgeon. We have the best and most experienced surgeons in the Southeast.
4. Advanced Robotic Radical Nephrectomy – Robotic surgery is a great option for entire kidney and lymph node removal for high volume or more aggressive cancers. This often has the highest cure rate for cancer. Robotic surgery is done through 6 small incisions as an outpatient. Most patients are sent home same day with minimal pain. Benefits of surgery include lymph node removal, more accurate staging, and higher cure rates.
5. Advanced Techniques (Better Outcomes and Less Side Effects) – Advanced technology provides the best outcomes with minimal side effects. We utilize Advanced technology with 3-D spatial mapping to precisely kill kidney cancer. This targeted millimeter accuracy improves outcomes and minimizes side effects such as renal function loss. Our goal is to give you cancer free survival with the best quality of life.
3 STEP JOURNEY TO SUCCESS
Our goal is to provide you personalized and innovative health care. We are professional, discreet, and empathetic. Our first visit in our clean, modern offices is to establish a relationship and understand your treatment goals. Meet us online or in person.
Your records are thoroughly reviewed to ensure that all data supports the need for treatment. Communication is made with you, your referring physician and family members if desired. In discussion with you, we come up with your personalized plan of care that is goal-oriented and treats your urological disease.
Our Advanced physicians utilize the state-of-the-art techniques to help treat your underlying urologic condition. Some of these procedures can even be done same day in our high end surgery centers. We can minimize your post operative pain and get you a fast recovery to your daily life.
ADVANTAGES OF ADVANCED KIDNEY CANCER TREATMENTS
Lower risk of chronic kidney disease
Safe and effective
Long term solution
Quick recovery to baseline
Minimal to no pain
6 REASONS TO COME TO ADVANCED
We have ultramodern purpose built facilities to provide all your care. You will have access to multiple fellowship trained urologic oncologists at Advanced with training from the best programs such as Baylor, Memorial Sloan Kettering, and University of Southern California. We have all the expertise in house to help you.
A WINNING TEAM COMMITTED TO YOUR FIGHT
Our award winning team will collaborate with you, your family, and the other providers involved in your care. We think communication is essential in delivering great outcomes. The most important thing to know is that we are here for you.