If you live in Ellenwood and you need to see a urologist, it can be a challenge to find a clinic that will address all of your concerns. There are a lot of results when you search for “Ellenwood urology,” “urologist Ellenwood” or even just “urology near me” on the internet. At Advanced Urology, though, the needs and concerns of our patients–both male and female–are our number one priority, which is why we are the preferred choice for Ellenwood residents.
As soon as our patients come into the office, we want them to have a good experience right away. For this reason, Advanced Urology is the best choice when it comes to Ellenwood urology or urologists in Ellenwood. We feature short wait times, same-day appointments and also relaxing waiting rooms for the convenience of our patients. We treat a number of urological health conditions in Ellenwood, including prostate cancer, erectile dysfunction, pelvic organ prolapse and more.
Urinary Tract and Bladder Issues
For male and female patients in Ellenwood, we treat the following conditions:
- Urinary tract infection or UTI – Urinary tract infections are fairly common for adults, and they can usually be treated with a course of antibiotics.
- Overactive bladder – For those who have overactive bladder, a sudden and overwhelming urge to urinate is often felt, causing leakage and incontinence. This condition can be caused by an enlarged prostate, neurological disorders, abnormalities in the bladder, consuming excessive alcohol or caffeine, infections or diabetes.
- Urethral stricture – A urethral stricture is present when the urethra is too narrow for urine to pass regularly.
- Kidney stones – While some kidney stones — hard crystalline salts that form in the urinary tract or kidneys – may be extremely painful, others are small and not noticeable.
- Painful bladder syndrome or PBS – Interstitial cystitis is similar to PBS, but PBS is a broader term. Life can be very challenging with both conditions, though, as both can cause extreme bladder discomfort.
- Incontinence – For most patients with incontinence, urge incontinence, stress incontinence, overflow incontinence, fecal incontinence or a mixture of these is experienced. There is usually a larger condition present.