Male Fertility and Reproductive Issues
For females and males, health concerns often involve fertility and sexuality. For the following male issues, we offer treatment:
- ED or erectile dysfunction – As ED is a common condition, it’s lucky that it’s fairly simple to treat.
- Low testosterone – Low testosterone is a difficult condition that can cause a decrease in libido and a decrease in energy.
- Male infertility – There are many things that can cause male infertility, a condition that affects 7.5 percent of couples.
No matter what type of cancer, cancer is always easier to beat when it’s been caught in the early stages. At Advanced Urology, we offer treatment for the following urological cancers to all Chamblee residents:
- Bladder cancer – Although bladder cancer occurs more in males, it also affects females. Patients can decrease their risk of getting bladder cancer by not using tobacco and eating a healthy diet, full of fruits and vegetables.
- Kidney cancer – Renal or kidney cancer is one of the ten most common forms of cancer in the U.S.A. A partial nephrectomy or radial nephrectomy is usually done to treat this cancer.
- Testicular cancer – One in 5,000 men will not survive testicular cancer although one in 250 men will develop it at some point. It’s one of the more treatable forms of cancer.
- Prostate cancer – Prostate cancer has a higher mortality rate than other cancers, and it is likely to happen to 11.2 percent of men. Prostate cancer is more likely to occur in African American men, older men, men who eat a lot of red meat and men with a specific gene mutation.
Other Urological Conditions
Some urological conditions are not related to the bladder or urinary tract, reproductive health or cancer. For those who are living in Chamblee, we also offer treatment for the following:
- Pelvic organ prolapse – For women who experience pelvic organ prolapse or POP, life can be challenging. After a woman has given birth, this condition can cause a great deal of pain.
- Prostate conditions – Prostate cancer is not the only prostate condition men worry about developing. Benign prostatic hyperplasia or an enlarged prostate as well as prostatitis or an inflamed prostate are also concerns. Getting your prostate checked regularly is important for men who have any symptoms as many of the symptoms for these conditions can be similar.
When it comes to Chamblee urology, Advanced Urology is your best option. We understand the sensitive nature of urological health conditions, and we are committed to providing the best patient experience in the metro Atlanta area. If you have a urological health condition, give us a call today and set up an appointment.