Male Reproductive and Fertility Issues
Sexuality and fertility can often be health issues for both men and women. At least half of all fertility issues are due to malfunctions within the male anatomy. We offer treatments for the following male reproductive problems including:
- Erectile dysfunction – This is when a man can’t achieve or maintain an erection. Fortunately, it’s a common and straightforward condition to treat.
- Low testosterone – Low testosterone is also called hypogonadism, and it can be a complicated condition to manage as it causes unusual fatigue and a decreased libido. The symptoms may be caused by a mental health issue, such as stress or anxiety. Blood tests are conducted to measure the androgens in the system. There are multiple avenues of treatment available for men with low testosterone.
- Male infertility – Many factors can cause male infertility, which primarily occurs when there is a lower sperm count or decreased sperm functionality or mobility. Male infertility can be an emotional and distressing condition, and we understand what you are going through at Advanced Urology.
Awareness and receiving immediate medical treatment of any form of cancer is best conducted in the early stages of the disease. If you suspect you may have any of the following urological illnesses, it’s vital that you see a Doraville urologist quickly:
- Prostate cancer – This condition has the third highest number of deaths that are related to the disease, and 11.2 percent of men are likely to be diagnosed with it. At greater risk are older men, those with a particular gene mutation, African American men or those who consume a lot of red meat.
- Testicular cancer – Testicular cancer is a type of cancer that is highly treatable and curable.
- Bladder cancer – Bladder cancer can develop in both men and women, although it’s more frequent among men. Patients decrease their risk by giving up tobacco and eating food rich in antioxidants.
- Kidney cancer – Also called renal cancer, kidney cancer is one of the ten most common cancers in the U.S. It affects men over the age of 60, but it is rare in younger people. The preferred treatment for kidney cancer is surgery, usually involves a partial or radial nephrectomy.
Other Urological Conditions
Other urological conditions treated by Advanced Urology include:
- Other prostate conditions – These include disorders like an inflamed prostate (prostatitis) or a swollen androgen gland define as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). The symptoms of prostate cancer can be hard to distinguish from these other conditions so it’s essential for men who are having difficulty using the toilet or those who experience an excessive need to urinate must have their prostate checked regularly.
- Pelvic organ prolapse – POP is when one or more of the organs in the pelvis slips down from their normal position and pushes into the vagina. It can be the womb, bowel, bladder or the top of the vagina.
If you are in need of urological care in Doraville, we would strongly encourage you to contact us today to make an appointment. We understand what you are going through, and we are here to make your needs our focus.