The web provides us with a wealth of information with the touch of our fingertips but may return too many options when it comes to finding a medical professional. The web can make choosing a specialist quite overwhelming after performing a general internet search for “urology near me,” “urologist in Covington, “urologist near me,” or “Covington urology.”
Luckily, Advanced Urology has several convenient locations placed in the area of Atlanta where we can treat both male and female urological conditions. We recognize the importance of choosing a skilled team of professionals who treat you with value and respect.
We are proud to provide our patients with a positive experience from the second they contact our office. We offer award-winning care for anyone seeking urology services or a urologist in Covington.
Our patients are never subjected to extended wait times because we value your time and energy. However, our waiting rooms are invitingly comfortable, and you might want to stay a while! We have same day appointments available for our specialists to treat any urological health concern.
Common Urinary and Bladder Conditions
In Covington, we prioritize our ability to equally treat both men and women to the highest level of medical professionalism. We frequently address a broad spectrum of conditions, including:
- Kidney stones – These objects form when uric acid, calcium oxalate, or struvite build up in the kidneys or ureters. The kidney stones are hard crystals that can be very small without causing discomfort, or extremely large and excessively painful.
- Urinary tract infections – Urinary tract infections are commonly known as UTI’s. Urinary tract infections are routinely found in women due to their shorter urethrae. However, both sexes can experience infections in the urinary tracts. Generally, resolution of these infections requires the administration of antibiotic medicines.
- Stricture of the urethra – Sometimes due to inflammation, this occurs when the person’s urethra is too narrow to allow urine to exit the body naturally.
- Incontinence – Many circumstances can cause incontinence like stress. The primary symptom is an overwhelming urge to urinate. Incontinence may be a symptom of a more significant health concern. If you’re experiencing regular incontinence, this requires the prompt attention of a urology Covington specialist.
- Overactive bladder – The signs of an overactive bladder include, frequent urination, incontinence, and uncontrollable urges to use the bathroom. An overactive bladder is usually due to another wellness condition like a neurological problem, diabetes, an abnormal bladder, an enlarged prostate or interactions with prescribed medications.
- Painful bladder syndrome (PBS) – Painful bladder syndrome describes a condition which encapsulates interstitial cystitis and other illnesses. A spectrum ranging from mild discomfort to excruciating pain accompanies each of these conditions. PBS and interstitial cystitis are conditions that are challenging to endure. A skilled urologist will help remedy the situation for patients who are in need.