THE BEST TREATMENTS FOR LOW TESTOSTERONE
CORRECT YOUR LOW ENERGY AND LOW SEX DRIVE WITH WORLDS EXPERTS IN MEN’S HEALTH. If you have low testosterone (also known as hypogonadism) we can help. Our treatments have incredible precision and pinpoint accuracy. We offer the complete range of proven treatments including medicines, injections, and testosterone pellet implantation. Testosterone pellet implants are done as an outpatient in our state of the art offices with no pain and great outcomes. Advanced Urology has one of the only Centers of Excellence for erectile dysfunction and this can be evaluated as well to improve your general and sexual health as a whole.
THE BEST TREATMENTS FOR ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
FIX ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION WITH THE BEST TEAM, AMAZING TECHNOLOGY, AND GREAT OUTCOMES. If you have erectile dysfunction(also known as ED) we can help. Our treatments have incredible precision and pinpoint accuracy. We offer the complete range of proven treatments including medicines, injections, and surgery. Surgery is done as an outpatient in our state of the art surgery centers with the best outcomes. Advanced Urology has an amazing Center of Excellence for ED to deliver the best for you.
SEE THE BEST LOW TESTOSTERONE UROLOGY DOCTORS
Low testosterone makes daily activities a struggle. Symptoms include fatigue, lack of energy, mood changes, hot flashes, and sexual dysfunction. We have targeted and precise therapies for testosterone replacement therapy with great results and fewer side effects. Our Center of Excellence is nationally recognized for quality, outcomes, and patient satisfaction.
GOALS OF LOW TESTOSTERONE TREATMENT
IMPROVE QUALITY OF LIFE
The most important goal of testosterone replacement treatment is helping you improve your quality of life. Testosterone is important for mental health, bone health, heart health, sexual function, mood, and overall energy. We want you to lead a great life.
IMPROVE SEXUAL FUNCTION
The second goal of treatment is to improve sexual function. We assess co-morbid conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol, and of course testosterone levels. We also offer treatment to correct any underlying erectile dysfunction simultaneously to improve your overall sexual health.
PAIN FREE EXPERIENCE
We want to provide you with a pleasant, worry free, pain free experience. Testosterone replacement via pellets is a minor procedure done in the office that leaves you worry free for at least 3 months.
Overall, we want you to have the best possible outcome with the least side effects and minimal hassle. We have have tele-health options that allow you to connect with our Nationally recognized Men’s Health Experts from the comfort of your home.
WHAT IS LOW TESTOSTERONE?
Testosterone is a hormone released by the testicles that helps with a variety of functions in the body including brain, heart, sexual function, and overall well being. Low testosterone is defined as two abnormally low blood levels of testosterone with symptoms. Symptoms include fatigue, low energy, decreased sex drive, and mood changes. Low T is common and occurs because of aging, genetics, and medical conditions. This includes high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, sedentary lifestyle, and tobacco use. Low T is treated via lifestyle changes and medicines.
IMPORTANT SIDE EFFECTS OF TESTOSTERONE
Testosterone replacement therapy has four notable cautions. First, therapy is generally only initiated in men with symptoms, not just a low blood value, although exceptions may be made for men with some co-morbidities. Second, Testosterone should not be given to men who would like to have kids in the future. Third, blood work should be routinely monitored (at least every 3 to 6 months). Last, there are important side effects include breast enlargement, testicular atrophy (shrinkage of testicles), and prostate enlargement. Men with prostate cancer should only be given replacement in very special circumstances. For these many reasons, we recommend seeing an Advanced specialist.
ADVANCED TESTOSTERONE REPLACEMENT TREATMENT
ADVANCED TREATMENT OPTIONS
1. Topical Medicines – Topical medicines are gels or creams rubbed on the skin that are then absorbed into the blood stream. This results in a testosterone surge in the morning that mimics normal male increases in testosterone in the early hours of day. This testosterone should not come into contact with women or children when wet.
2. Injection Therapy – Injection therapy involves a small needle to inject testosterone into the buttocks or thighs. This results in large peaks and troughs of testosterone levels which can cause fluctuations in emotions. This is generally the most cost effective way to replace testosterone if out of pocket.
3. Oral Medicines – Testosterone oral replacement is not yet commercially available for most men. The FDA has approved Jatenzo for a minority of patients with rare causes of low T. For the majority of men (over 98%) with age related hypogonadism, Jatenzo is not approved.
4. Testosterone Pellet – Testosterone pellets are the most popular option for testosterone replacement. These pellets are inserted under the skin pain free in clinic and leave you worry free with steady testosterone release for 3-4 months. We have men’s health experts in the Southeast with Drs. Shah, Dave, and Farber who can evaluate you to determine if you are a candidate.
ADVANCED T-BOOSTING FOR YOUNG MEN WISHING TO PRESERVE FERTILITY
1. Vitamins – Over the counter vitamins such as DHEA, which are precursors for testosterone, are safe and work well with diet and exercise to safely increase your natural testosterone without hurting your fertility.
2. Injection Therapy – Injection therapy involves a small needle to inject HCG, a synthetic drug that is similar to the hormone LH naturally produced by your body to boost your testosterone. This can be pricey as it is generally not covered by insurance but is a good way to boost your natural testosterone.
3. Oral Medicines – Clomid is an oral fertility medication that can be used to boost the brain hormones that cause a downward increase in testosterone production from your testicle. Anastrazole is another oral medication that is sometimes given to stop conversion of testosterone to estrogen.
4. Lifestyle Changes – We recommend lifestyle changes for all patients. This includes a plant based diet, consumption of water (avoid tea, alcohol, soda), less stress, more sleep, more exercise, and weight loss. This is the best way to stay heart healthy and improve both your natural testosterone and your overall health.
TESTOSTERONE PELLET IMPLANT
Testosterone pellet implantation is a proven and reliable way to replace testosterone. Pellets are typically implanted every 3 months with local anesthesia in about 5 minutes in our state of the art offices. Generally 8 small pellets the size of tic tacs are placed into the fat of the butt. This minimizes side effects and maximizes outcome. Benefits of pellet implant include more stable testosterone levels, no need to inject or apply testosterone daily, and improved long term outcomes. Patients generally prefer this method because of the consistency of outcomes. Advanced Urology has an amazing Center of Excellence for male sexual health. Our surgeons Drs. Dave, Shah, and Farber are the best implant surgeons in the Southeast and are experts in male sexual health.
Injection therapy involves a small needle to inject either testosterone or HCG into the buttocks or thighs. This is generally done weekly however less or more frequent formulations are available. HCG and testosterone are sometimes given together to decrease testicular atrophy associated with testosterone replacement therapy.
Topical medicines are gels or creams rubbed on the skin that are then absorbed into the blood stream. This results in a testosterone surge in the morning that mimics normal male increases in testosterone in the early hours of day. This testosterone should not come into contact with women or children when wet. Topical Medicines or gels (Androgel, Testim, Fortesta, Axiron, compounded creams) are generally covered by insurance with a $50 to $100 monthly copay.
Testosterone oral replacement is not yet commercially available for most men. The FDA has approved Jatenzo for a minority of patients with rare causes of low T. For the majority of men (over 98%) with age related hypogonadism, Jatenzo is not approved. There are numerous side effects including high blood pressure and liver damage. The majority of supplements available online are unproven. Clomid is used in younger men who are in need of testicular stimulation for sperm production. Clomid often has numerous side effects including diarrhea, blurry vision, nausea, and fatigue. Anastrazole is typically given with testosterone replacement to decrease estrogen levels in blood.
ADVANCED TECHNIQUES: BETTER OUTCOMES AND LESS SIDE EFFECTS
Advanced technology provides the best outcomes with minimal side effects. We utilize Advanced technology to precisely treat low testosterone. This targeted millimeter accuracy improves outcomes and minimizes side effects. Our goal is to fix low T with the best quality of life outcome.
3 STEP JOURNEY TO SUCCESS
Our goal is to provide you personalized and innovative health care. We are professional, discreet, and empathetic. Our first visit in our clean, modern offices is to establish a relationship and understand your treatment goals. Meet us online or in person.
Urine is sent for urine culture to look bacteria. Imaging of the kidneys and bladder is performed via ultrasound.
You are sedated through an IV in our surgery center. Our proprietary algorithm is performed to clean your bladder and improve your symptoms. The procedure typically takes 30 minutes and you are sent home the same day.
ADVANCED TECHNIQUES: BETTER OUTCOMES AND LESS SIDE EFFECTS
Advanced technology provides the best outcomes with minimal side effects. We utilize Advanced technology with 3D geospatial mapping to precisely treat BPH. This targeted millimeter accuracy improves outcomes and minimizes side effects such as sexual and urinary dysfunction. Our goal is to fix BPH with the least side effects and the best quality of life outcome.
ADVANTAGES OF ADVANCED LOW TESTOSTERONE TREATMENTS
Helps brain, heart, bone, sexual health
Safe and effective
Covered by most insurances / Affordable cash pay option available
Minimal to no pain
Convenient Telehealth options
LOW TESTOSTERONE CENTER RESOURCES
We have ultramodern purpose built facilities to provide all your care. You will have access to multiple fellowship trained urologic oncologists at Advanced with training from the best programs such as Baylor, Memorial Sloan Kettering, and University of Southern California. We have all the expertise in house to help you.
A WINNING TEAM COMMITTED TO YOUR FIGHT
Our award winning team will collaborate with you, your family, and the other providers involved in your care. We think communication is essential in delivering great outcomes. The most important thing to know is that we are here for you.