THE BEST TREATMENTS FOR BLADDER CANCER
FIGHT CANCER WITH THE BEST TEAM, AMAZING TECHNOLOGY, AND GREAT OUTCOMES. Our treatments have incredible precision and pinpoint accuracy that results in minimal sexual and urinary side effects. Most treatments are done as an outpatient in our state of the art surgery centers with the best outcomes. If you have been diagnosed with bladder cancer or think you may have bladder cancer, you owe it to yourself to see the most caring and skilled urologic oncologists at Advanced Urology.
DON’T STRUGGLE WITH TRADITIONAL OPTIONS
Radiation seems to be an easy choice initially, but it has tremendous side effects in future years including bladder cancer, rectal cancer, radiation burns to the bladder and rectum, and urethral stricture disease. Proton therapy is another form of radiation and there is little to no long term data supporting its supposed superiority over traditional radiation. We have targeted and precise therapies for localized bladder cancer with great results and minimal risk of sexual and urinary dysfunction. These options are tried, true, and proven.
GOALS OF BLADDER CANCER TREATMENT
CANCER FREE SURVIVAL
The most important goal of bladder cancer treatment is living a a great life, cancer free.
PREVENT CANCER PROGRESSION
The second goal is to prevent cancer progression by utilizing medicines in the bladder or intravenously that can prevent cancer progression or recurrence.
BETTER URINARY FUNCTION
The third goal is to ensure you have excellent urinary function to protect the kidneys and bladder. Simultaneously, we want to ensure your sexual health is optimized.
Overall, we want you to have the best possible outcome with the least side effects.
ADVANCED TREATMENT OPTIONS
1. Intravesical Therapy – Several medicines including BCG, mitomycin, and Valstar can be given inside the bladder to help prevent cancer from recurring or progressing. This is done in the office with a catheter in the bladder. Because the medicine is instilled directly in the bladder, common side effects include mild burning with urination and frequency of urination. Importantly, these medicines do not cause nausea, vomiting, and hair loss associated with typical cancer chemotherapy regimens. Patients can be given oral sedation if necessary which makes the procedure much more comfortable.
2. Keytruda Intravenous Therapy – KEYTRUDA may be used when your cancer has not spread to nearby tissue in the bladder, but is at high-risk for spreading (high-risk, non-muscle invasive bladder cancer [NMIBC]) and when your tumor is a type called “carcinoma in situ” (CIS), and you have tried treatment with Bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG) and it did not work, and you are not able to or have decided not to have surgery to remove your bladder
3. Radical Cystectomy – In cases of aggressive cancer, surgery for curative intent is encouraged. At Advanced Urology we have the most experienced private surgical oncologists in Georgia who specialize in this surgery with enhanced recovery and great outcomes
4. Advanced Robotic Surgery – Robotic surgery is a great option for entire bladder, prostate gland, and lymph node removal for high volume or more aggressive cancers. This often has the highest cure rate for cancer compared to radiation treatment. Robotic surgery is done through 6 small incisions as an outpatient. Benefits of surgery include lymph node removal, more accurate staging, higher cure rates, and the option to add radiation after surgery if needed.
5. Advanced Bladder Cancer Medicines – We have the latest medicines for bladder cancer including Keytruda or Pembrolizumab. Our world class urological oncologists lead or Advanced Bladder Cancer Clinic and Clinical Trials. Medicines are conveniently dispensed from our pharmacy.
ADVANCED TECHNIQUES: BETTER OUTCOMES AND LESS SIDE EFFECTS
Advanced technology provides the best outcomes with minimal side effects. We utilize Advanced technology with 3D geospatial mapping to precisely kill prostate cancer. This targeted millimeter accuracy improves outcomes and minimizes side effects such as sexual and urinary dysfunction. Our goal is to give you cancer free survival with the best quality of life.
3 STEP JOURNEY TO SUCCESS
Our goal is to provide you personalized and innovative health care. We are professional, discreet, and empathetic. You will meet our urologic oncologists in our clean and modern offices. We want to establish a relationship and understand your treatment goals.
Your records are thoroughly reviewed to ensure that all data supports the need for treatment. Communication is made with your referring physician and family members.
You are sedated through an IV in our surgery center. Our proprietary algorithm is performed to clean your bladder and improve your symptoms. The procedure typically takes 30 minutes and you are sent home the same day.
ADVANTAGES OF ADVANCED BLADDER CANCER TREATMENTS
Lower risk of sexual and urinary dysfunction
Safe and effective
Long term solution
Minimal to no pain
6 REASONS TO COME TO ADVANCED