THE BEST TREATMENTS FOR PENILE CURVATURE
FIX PEYRONIE’S DISEASE WITH THE BEST TEAM, AMAZING TECHNOLOGY, AND GREAT OUTCOMES. If you have penile curvature (also known as Peyronie’s disease) we can help. Our treatments have incredible precision and pinpoint accuracy. We offer the complete range of proven treatments including medicines, injections, and penile implant surgery. Surgery is done as an outpatient in our state of the art surgery centers with the best outcomes. Advanced Urology has an amazing suite of treatments to deliver the best for you.
THE BEST TREATMENTS FOR ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
FIX ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION WITH THE BEST TEAM, AMAZING TECHNOLOGY, AND GREAT OUTCOMES. If you have erectile dysfunction(also known as ED) we can help. Our treatments have incredible precision and pinpoint accuracy. We offer the complete range of proven treatments including medicines, injections, and surgery. Surgery is done as an outpatient in our state of the art surgery centers with the best outcomes. Advanced Urology has an amazing Center of Excellence for ED to deliver the best for you.
SEE THE BEST PEYRONIE’S DISEASE DOCTORS
We have targeted and precise therapies for Peyronie’s disease with great results and minimal side effects. Our Center of Excellence is nationally recognized for quality, outcomes, and patient satisfaction.
GOALS OF PEYRONIE’S DISEASE TREATMENT
OBTAIN GREAT ERECTIONS
The most important goal of Peyronie’s disease treatment is helping you achieve strong and straight erections to improve your quality of sex life. We want you to lead your best life.
IMPROVE SEXUAL FUNCTION
The second goal of treatment is to improve sexual function by treating you holistically -assessing co-morbid conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol, and low testosterone.
PAIN FREE, PLEASANT
We want to provide you with a pleasant, worry free, pain free experience. Any necessary procedures are typically done in our surgery center with anesthesia.
Overall, we want you to have the best possible outcome with the least side effects. Our Center of Excellence is nationally recognized for quality, outcomes, and patient satisfaction.
WHAT IS PEYRONIE’S DISEASE?
Peyronie’s disease is curvature of the penis generally from a plaque in the penis. Plaques are typically made of collagen also known as scar tissue. While the most common cause of plaque formation is unknown, some form of penile trauma has commonly been attributed to PD . PD is common and treatment is recommended for severe curvature (over 45 degrees) or pain with intercourse (patient or partner).
PEYRONIE’S DISEASE FAQ’s?
HOW DOES PEYRONIE’S DISEASE OCCUR?
1. Trauma – Though the exact cause is unknown, many cases are because of a traumatic episode like bending of the penis during sex with a flaccid penis
2. Attempted Repair – Injury results in small tears in the muscle fibers and the layer supporting it. The body senses microtears and attempts to repair it by sending blood to the area
3. Scarring – If you have poor blood flow (like if you had ED), the area cannot get enough blood flow and oxygen. The lack of oxygen causes the area of injury to die and form scar tissue
PHASES & SYMPTOMS OF PEYRONIE’S
During the active phase, the scar tissue is actively forming and disease will continue to progress. There is worsening penile pain and progression of bending and scar tissue. This phase typically lasts 12-18 months. The goal of treatment is to limit any worsening of your curvature or scarring, increase blood flow into the penis, and treat penile pain.
During the chronic phase, the scar tissue has stabilized. There has not been any change in the plaque or curvature for atleast 6 months. There may be a discomfort with intercourse related to the curvature or underlying erectile dysfunction. The goal of treatment is to correct the curvature and fix any underlying erectile dysfunction.
ADVANCED TREATMENT OPTIONS: ACTIVE PHASE
1. Topical Medicines – Topical medicines such as verapamil are rarely effective and are often expensive. These medications were normally used to treat high blood pressure. It is used to disrupt the production of collagen, a key factor in the formation of Peyronie’s disease scar tissue.
2. Oral Medications – Oral medications such as PDE5 inhibitors, L-Argenine, and Pentoxyphylline work to improve blood flow to the areas of scar to help the area heals. By increasing blood flow the goal is to prevent further worsening of the disease.
3. Vacuum Erection Device – A vacuum device is a cylinder placed on the penis that creates a vacuum to draw blood into the penis as well as increasing straightening and stretching of the penis. This helps decrease progression and shortening of the penis.
4. Traction Device / Penile Modeling – Penile remodeling involves massaging the plaque and manually straightening. Traction therapy involves the use of devices to pull the penis straight or bend it against the curve.
ADVANCED TREATMENT: CHRONIC PHASE
1. Penile Injection Therapy (XIAFLEX) – This is a minimally invasive in office injection treatment that breaks down collagen, the primary component of the scar tissue in Peyronie’s disease.
2. Plication – Plication therapy straightens the penis by shortening the penis on the side directly opposite the plaque. This results in a straight penis but can result in minor shortening of your penile length. This is sometimes used for curvature less than 60 degrees and is highly effective. Recovery time is quick, typically about 3 weeks.
3. Plaque Incision and Grafting – Plaque incision and grafting is a technique where the plaque is incised or removed and the tissue is replaced with a graft. This is done for curvature over 60 degrees and typically will allow you to regain lost penile length. There is a risk of decreased penile sensation, urethral injury, or worsened erectile dysfunction associated with this procedure.
4. Advanced Penile Implant – Advanced penile prosthesis provides the GOLD STANDARD TREATMENT for patients with both Peyronie’s disease and Erectile Dysfunction as ot corrects both issues. This minor surgery results in high quality of life and is a durable long term solution. We have the best implant surgeons in the Southeast with Drs. Shah, Dave, and Farber. Advanced has one of the only Centers of Excellence in the state.
5. Penile Remodeling / Traction Therapy – Penile remodeling involves massaging the plaque and manually straightening the penis after treatment. Traction therapy involves the use of devices to pull the penis straight.
ADVANCED PENILE IMPLANT
Advanced penile implantation is an amazing procedure to straighten the penis and restore erections for good. This procedure is done through a small incision that minimizes side effects and maximizes outcome. Surgery is done as an outpatient in our surgery center. Patients are sent home the same day with minimal to no pain. Benefits of Advanced Implant Surgery include lower infection rates, less bleeding, a smaller incision, and improved long term outcomes. This treatment corrects penile curvature as well as erectile dysfunction. Patients are generally sexually active 6 weeks after surgery. Advanced Urology has an amazing Center of Excellence for penile implant surgery. Our surgeons Drs. Shah, Dave, and Farber are the best implant surgeons in the Southeast and are national experts in erectile function.
XIAFLEX INJECTION THERAPY
Injection therapy involves a small needle to inject medicine (Xiaflex) directly into the penile scar tissue. Xiaflex or collagenase is an enzyme that breaks down scar tissue. This is often the best initial option for patients with curvature. Typically a treatment cycle is two injections in a week. After injection, the penis is manually massaged to help stretch out the scar tissue (penile remodeling). You can not have sex for 4 weeks after injection otherwise a penile fracture could occur. Most patients require a total of 4 cycles (24 weeks of treatment).
VACUUM ERECTION DEVICE
Vacuum erection devices utilize a cylinder placed over the penis to draw blood into the penis. A constricting band is placed at the base of the penis to keep blood trapped.
Topical medicines are often not effective such as verapamil. This is a drug normally used to treat high blood pressure. It disrupts the production of collagen, a key factor in the formation of Peyronie’s disease scar tissue.
ADVANCED TECHNIQUES: BETTER OUTCOMES AND LESS SIDE EFFECTS
Advanced technology provides the best outcomes with minimal side effects. We utilize Advanced technology to precisely treat ED. This targeted millimeter accuracy improves outcomes and minimizes side effects. Our goal is to fix erectile dysfunction with the best quality of life outcome.
3 STEP JOURNEY TO SUCCESS
Our goal is to provide you personalized and innovative health care. We are professional, discreet, and empathetic. Our first visit in our clean, modern offices is to establish a relationship and understand your treatment goals. Meet us online or in person.
Urine is sent for urine culture to look bacteria. Imaging of the kidneys and bladder is performed via ultrasound.
You are sedated through an IV in our surgery center. Our proprietary algorithm is performed to clean your bladder and improve your symptoms. The procedure typically takes 30 minutes and you are sent home the same day.
ADVANCED TECHNIQUES: BETTER OUTCOMES AND LESS SIDE EFFECTS
Advanced technology provides the best outcomes with minimal side effects. We utilize Advanced technology with 3D geospatial mapping to precisely treat BPH. This targeted millimeter accuracy improves outcomes and minimizes side effects such as sexual and urinary dysfunction. Our goal is to fix BPH with the least side effects and the best quality of life outcome.
ADVANTAGES OF ADVANCED PEYRONIE’S TREATMENTS
Fixes penile curvature
Safe and effective
Covered by most insurances
PEYRONIE’S DISEASE CENTER RESOURCES
COMPLICATIONS OF PEYRONIE’S DISEASE TREATMENT
- Recurrent Penile Curvature after Successful Correction
- Penile shortening
- Decrease of penile sensation
- Numbness of head of penis
- Trouble with orgasm
- Erectile dysfunction
It is important to have realistic expectations as there are surgical limitations to length gains . Our expert physicians Dr. Dave and Dr. Shah are here to do that. The most important risk associated with surgical therapy for Peyronie’s disease is penile shortening that can occur with any surgical technique.
We have ultramodern purpose built facilities to provide all your care. You will have access to multiple fellowship trained urologic oncologists at Advanced with training from the best programs such as Baylor, Memorial Sloan Kettering, and University of Southern California. We have all the expertise in house to help you.
A WINNING TEAM COMMITTED TO YOUR FIGHT
Our award winning team will collaborate with you, your family, and the other providers involved in your care. We think communication is essential in delivering great outcomes. The most important thing to know is that we are here for you.