FIX FORESKIN PROBLEMS WITH THE BEST TEAM, AMAZING TECHNOLOGY, AND GREAT OUTCOMES. If you have foreskin problems, we can help. Our treatments have incredible precision and pinpoint accuracy. We offer a complete range of proven treatments including medicines and surgery. Surgery is done as an outpatient in our state of the art surgery centers with the best outcomes. Advanced Urology is committed to the best in quality, outcomes, and experience.
ABOUT THE FORESKIN AND CIRCUMCISION
There are several benefits associated with circumcision. Circumcision is a word borrowed from Latin. It was derived from the word circumcidere, which means “to cut around.” A male child is born with a loose skin that protects the head of the penis. This loose skin is called the foreskin. It is filled with nerves and blood vessels.
At birth, the foreskin and the penis are glued together. As the male child grows, the two begin to separate. This makes passing urine easier. The skin protecting the penis head also pulls back when a man has an erection.
GOALS OF CIRCUMCISION TREATMENT
The most important goal of foreskin treatment is helping you remove diseased tissue and improving your quality of life.
IMPROVE SEXUAL FUNCTION
The second goal of treatment is to improve sexual function by treating you holistically -assessing co-morbid conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol, and low testosterone.
PAIN FREE EXPERIENCE
We want to provide you with a pleasant, worry-free, pain-free experience. Any necessary procedures are typically done in our surgery center with anesthesia.
Overall, we want you to have the best possible outcome with the least side effects. Our Center of Excellence is nationally recognized for quality, outcomes, and patient satisfaction.
What are the primary functions of the Foreskin?
1. Protection – The foreskin covers and protects the head of a flaccid penis. This protects the penis head from coming in direct contact with abrasive agents such as clothing.
2. Sexual Pleasure – The foreskin has a very high concentration of nerve endings. This provides pleasure during sexual intercourse.
3. Lubrication – The foreskin has a mucous membrane that lubricates the glans. This lubrication increases sensitivity and allows people to have a smooth sexual intercourse.
4. Immunological Defense – The foreskin secretes anti-bacterial agents that may help to prevent infections.
Some men are not circumcised, and there are many factors to consider before people undergoing circumcision. Here are some of the reasons for people’s choices for or against circumcision:
1. Religious beliefs – Jewish and Muslim populations practice circumcision. Some other religions do not have any law regarding circumcision and the final decision rests on the person.
2. Cultural beliefs – Some cultures require that all male should be circumcised. Some cultures circumcise the babies a few weeks after birth. Other cultures only allow the boys to be circumcised when they are in their late teens.
3. Social acceptance – Some people are only circumcised because their peers are circumcised. They get circumcised so that they can fit in.
4. Fear – Some men are not circumcised because they fear the surgery itself while others are wary of the possible side effects and risks associated with surgery. If you’ve been considering a circumcision for any reason, you may face some hesitance. You may have started searching online for information like “Where can I get a circumcision near me?” Many men have felt this way— it is normal.
5. Medical reasons – Circumcision reduces the risk of developing infections and a number of cancers.
6. Bleeding disorders – Men with bleeding disorders are advised not to undergo circumcision.
7. Having penis or skin problems – Some men have skin issues that require circumcision.
8. Partners – Some men have been circumcised because their partners asked to do so.
BENEFITS OF CIRCUMCISION
Prevention of Sexually Transmitted Infections
There is a strong suggestion that circumcision helps to prevent the spreading of sexually transmitted infections such as HIV. This is truer in sub-Saharan Africa where there are high rates of HIV. However, there is no evidence that circumcision can help reduce the spread of HIV in developed nations.
There are possible explanations as to why circumcision can help to reduce female to male HIV transmission. The skin of the penis has Langerhans cells which are the prime of HIV. Cutting the foreskin minimizes the chances of HIV reaching these cells.
Circumcision also prevents human papillomavirus (HPV), a sexually transmitted infection that affects men and women. Also, circumcision is believed to be able to prevent several other infections.
Prevention of Urinary Tract Infections
Boys aged two and below have a one percent risk of developing urinary tract infections. There is evidence that circumcising young boys reduces this risk.
The small hole (the urinary meatus) that the penis uses to pass urine outside the body is surrounded by a lot of bacteria with the potential to cause diseases. Circumcised boys have less of these diseases causing bacteria. Since urinary tract infections (UTIs) are caused by bacteria, circumcising young boys can go a long way in reducing the chances of having UTIs.
There is evidence that circumcision reduces men’s chance of developing prostate cancer.
There is evidence that women who engage in sexual intercourse with circumcised men have a lower risk of developing cervical cancer, syphilis, HSV-2, chlamydia and cervical dysplasia.
Phimosis is a medical condition whereby retracted foreskin is cutting off blood supply to the head of the penis. This is a medical emergency. Circumcised men do not have any risk of suffering from phimosis.
Medicines include topical steroid and anti-fungal creams such as betamethasone-clotrimazole cream.
ADVANCED TECHNIQUES: BETTER OUTCOMES AND LESS SIDE EFFECTS
Advanced technology provides the best outcomes with minimal side effects. We utilize Advanced technology to precisely treat foreskin problems. This targeted millimeter accuracy improves outcomes and minimizes side effects. Our goal is to fix foreskin problems to deliver the best quality of life outcome.
3 STEP JOURNEY TO SUCCESS
Our goal is to provide you personalized and innovative health care. We are professional, discreet, and empathetic. You will meet our men’s health specialists in our clean and modern offices. We want to establish a relationship and understand your treatment goals.
Your records are thoroughly reviewed to ensure that all data supports the need for treatment. Communication is made with your referring physician and family members.
You are given general anesthesia in our surgery center. Advanced techniques are performed and your foreskin is precisely treated. The procedure typically takes 1 hour and you are sent home the same day.
ADVANCED TECHNIQUES: BETTER OUTCOMES AND LESS SIDE EFFECTS
Advanced technology provides the best outcomes with minimal side effects. We utilize Advanced technology with 3D geospatial mapping to precisely treat BPH. This targeted millimeter accuracy improves outcomes and minimizes side effects such as sexual and urinary dysfunction. Our goal is to fix BPH with the least side effects and the best quality of life outcome.
We have ultramodern purpose built facilities to provide all your care. You will have access to multiple fellowship trained urologic oncologists at Advanced with training from the best programs such as Baylor, Memorial Sloan Kettering, and University of Southern California. We have all the expertise in house to help you.
A WINNING TEAM COMMITTED TO YOUR FIGHT
Our award winning team will collaborate with you, your family, and the other providers involved in your care. We think communication is essential in delivering great outcomes. The most important thing to know is that we are here for you.